“Recently, I have configured my official email account to MS Outlook on my system. Yesterday morning, when I was working on Outlook, my system stopped responding. I waited for a long time to but still nothing happened. So I thought to restart my system which may get it to the normal state and hence I restart the system. When I restart my system what I see MS Outlook PST file is not opening and showing an error message indicating that it is corrupted. Can anyone suggest me how to perform fixing PST file with losing a single file?”
Most of the people all over the world are using Microsoft Outlook for managing emails, organizing calendar, contacts, keeping notes, RSS feeds, scheduling task, etc. MS Outlook stores all these info in a single file known as PST file. By default PST file resides on the C drive of your system and stores all the Outlook attributes such as the emails which you send or receive, calendar items which you create, contacts which you have saved, tasks you schedule, notes, etc. Hence, if PST file gets corrupted then it results in data loss.
Reasons behind corruption of PST file:
- Using an improper method to compress the file.
- Severe virus infection to the PST file.
- In the appropriate method of closing Microsoft Outlook app.
- Sharing of PST file over the unsecured network.
- Improper up-gradation of MS Outlook version.
- Malfunctioning of Microsoft Outlook app.
- Oversize of PST file.
- Bad sectors on the drive storage where PST file is saved.
- Synchronization issue
- CRC Errors
- File system corruption.
Users can use the Inbox Repair tool (scanpst.exe) which is provided by Microsoft to resolve the issues related to PST file and make it accessible again. However, this tool fails to solve the problem, if the level of corruption is very high. In such circumstances, users need to opt for repairing software like Fixing PST File software which can easily mend your PST file and extract the data from it without losing a single data.
- Don’t exit the Outlook improperly.
- Use good antivirus program to prevent your Outlook data and system free from virus attack.
- Keep the regular backup of PST file.
- Don’t not share the PST file on an unsecured computer network.
- Avoid inappropriate termination of Microsoft Outlook.
Unique Aspects of the Fixing PST File software:
- Microsoft Outlook PST file can be repaired easily with the help of repairing software like Fixing PST File software.
- The software has a GUI which makes the PST file repairing process easier.
- It also repairs password protected and highly encrypted PST file.
- The software is capable of fixing PST file created with different Outlook versions like 2013, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2000.
- You can preview the repaired PST file in demo version itself and evaluate the software.
- The software supports repairing of Outlook PST file on major versions of Windows operating system such as Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, 10, Vista, XP, 8, etc.
- You can also take the help of technical support team for solving the software related query.
- The unique part of the software is, it does not only restrict the modification of original PST file content while repairing PST file but also recovers the content present in the PST data file safely.
- Fixing PST File software is preferred even both the novice computer users and IT professional for executing Outlook PST file repair.