What is SDHC card?
SDHC memory card stands for Secure Digital High Capacity card. It has the same shape and size as standard SD card but meets with some additional features. SDHC cards are portable and handy memory card that is used to store user’s data such as pictures, videos, mp3 songs, and more in different occasions during family functions, birthday celebration, etc. The main intension for introducing SDHC card is to meet the expectation of the users like high definition videos and high resolution pictures. If the Storage capacity of SD is 4GB or more, then it is classed as a SDHC memory card. It is one of the four families of SD card.
Class Speed Rating:
Secure Digital Association (SDA) has established speed of transfer rate in Class rating (Class 2, 4, 6 and 10). That helps to identify the speed, performance and minimum requirements of Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards and the host products. The write speed for SDHC cards are:
- Class 2: The minimum write speed is 2 MB/s or higher.
- Class 4: The minimum write speed is 4MB/s or higher.
- Class 6: The minimum write speed is 6MB/s or higher.
- Class 10: The minimum write speed is 10MB/s or higher.
Currently, SDHC memory card storage capacity between 4 GB and 32 GB. Users need to check for the SDHC logo on memory cards and host devices like camcorders, digital cameras; etc before purchasing it and some devices won’t support SDHC cards. User can look for the Class Speed Rating logo to make out the performance of the SDHC memory cards and host devices.
Even having all of these features, it is failed to protect with data loss problem. Losing of an important data is very disappointing and it’s still very worst situation if user don’t have a back up of those data. Are you facing this type of issue? Don’t get panic there is a recovery tool named as SDHC Card Recovery Application.
This software has ability to recover SDHC card data from different types such as MicroSDHC and MiniSDHC memory card. You can utilize this powerful application to restore data from various brands of SDHC card that includes Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and many others.
Scenarios of loss of data from SDHC memory cards:
- Corruption of file system: Due to improper plug in and plug out the file system of the SD cards will get corrupted or when the SD card is connected to the system if system forceful shut down cause’s loss of files from the SDHC card.
- Virus Attack: If SDHC memory card get infected by severe viruses and Trojan. Then, there is a chance of losing some data that are stored in SDHC card.
- Accidental deletion: When the SDHC card is inserted in digital camera and viewing photos in camera sometimes by mistake you press the delete all option in it, this will also lose your files in SDHC cards.
- Formatting: Sometimes you might find difficult to access the data on SDHC cards so you may have format it. By selecting this action you will completely loss your files. Then, you may try to look for SDHC card recovery.
- Data loss during file transfer: Sometimes, when you connect SDHC card to the PC and transfers the data, if you suddenly remove your card it may cause loss of your data.
- Miss-handling the camera: Switching off the camera during transfer of photos and capturing when camera is in low battery may also cause loss of photos.